Although most marketers and PR’s know what evergreen content is, it is one of those terms that can leave a business owner thinking “huh???”
Evergreen content is always fresh – it can be used at any time throughout the year, or is fresh at a certain time, year after year after year.
In a nutshell, it is content that stays fresh and relevant to your readers and/or the media.
So where do you find evergreen content in your business?
Evergreen angles are easier to find than you think. They are hidden within your knowledge, and often they are the things you take for granted for being “known” about your industry.
Evergreen content is:
- Your top 5 tips on a topic
- Tips for beginners
- Explaining industry terms (like I am doing in this post)
- How to use your products or services
- Ideas and Resources
- Best tools for your audience (free and paid are always good)
- Things you should know or questions to ask…. (before using a service for example)
- Answer the questions you are being asked by clients. They are your audience, and what they want to know, others will too
- Share your secrets… by giving a secret away, it creates credibility and creates the need to want to know more
The important thing about being evergreen with your content is to mix it in with current and topical pieces as well. Do not flood the press or your blog all at once.
Want more ideas? Take my Evergreen Content Ideas eCourse for a years worth of evergreen content ideas!