Your website is an important part of your marketing tools within your business. More than just an online business card, your website gives your customers a chance to research you and further cement the “Know, Like and Trust” feelings for your business. It makes sense then that your website is not a set and forget item, and needs to be updated and checked in on regularly. There is nothing worse than landing on a website that has broken links or is out of date. So, it’s up to us to be checking on our websites regularly.
Add this 5-minute marketing tip to your Business Life Planner and Monthly Marketing to ensure you are putting your best foot forward online.
Front End Checklist:
- Do the menu links all still work?
- Is the menu sending our clients on the journey we want?
- Is the information on the homepage current?
- Is there something new to be added to the home page or menu?
- Have we added a new blog in the past 30 days?
- Do the social icons in the header, footer and sidebar all work?
- Are there any new social profiles to add?
- Are we making the most of our sidebars?
- Is the information current and relevant on the sidebars?
- Are our Calls to Action on the home page and website active and working?
- Is there anything that needs to be removed?
- Are our opt-ins active and working?
- Are there any typos you may have missed in the past
- Are the tracking and analytics codes still working and active?
- Are there updates to be run (If you don’t know how or what should be done ask a professional)
- Are there plugins etc. that we no longer use that can be removed from the site?
- Is the content in the Media Library optimised for the web, and are there any old images that can be removed?
By making these simple frontend and backend checks each month you will know your customer is getting the best experience and not hitting broken links or getting the wrong impression when visiting your website.